A PVR is less needing of "enterprise-grad ram" (whatever that is.  The
main goal is that it not fail.)

Yes, it is. But I doubt that my company would be willing to work up new relationships with RAM vendors just to sell a couple of little/no profit myth boxes.

As for what makes it "enterprise-grade," you'd have to ask the techs. I just know that you can't just take any old DIMM, pop it into a 1u dual xeon (or opteron) server, and expect that it'll work fine (sometimes, one size of one brand will work in one slot but not another, or another size of the same brand won't cut it at all).

-Chris