On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 11:34:22AM -0500, Paul Kidwell wrote:
> > > Over half a terrabyte of television GONE!!!
> > >
> > > The entire season of Rescue Me, GONE!!!!!
> > > A couple of seasons of The Shield, GONE!!!!
> > > Every episode of Lost, GONE!!!!
> > > a couple of seasons of Enterprise, GONE!!
> > > You get the picture...

Actually, what probably _isn't_ gone is the "oldrecorded" table in
your mythconverg database.   This has a record of every show you
ever recorded, with program id.

Depending on your mysql skills, you will want to do a combination of
turning some of those into recording requests, and moving away
the shows you want to record again.   It won't record them if
they are in there normally.

With most TV, it all comes round again before too long, though
you may have to wait for the summer for all the reruns of current
shows.

And of course, most of those shows can be found via bittorrent, not
that I would advise you to violate any copyrights.  Not at the same
size you recorded them, though.