In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Ashley Bostock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Haven't updated my cvs version yet to try the new detection, but does
> it also monitor for aspect ratio changes?  Just noticed while watching
> tv yesterday quite a few channels change aspect ratio when they switch
> to the adverts (I'm in the UK).

In the UK any channel showing 4:3 content will switch to 16:9 for
adverts - all adverts have been 16:9 for some years now.

> In this situation it could be a very accurate way for detecting ads.

I thought the same thing the other day as it happens. Not that there
is much 4:3 content on the main channels now of course.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu/