Andy Whitworth wrote:

You could run lircd in "event" mode :-

lircd --driver=dev/input --device=/dev/input/event3 -p 660 /etc/lircd.conf

Then compile in native lirc support into Myth, setup a ~/.mythtv/lircd mapping file and off you go....

Thanks, I'll give this a try tomorrow. A little unsure of how to set up the lircd mapping file but I'll do some googling and see what I can see.

On the DVB card, the Hauppauge Nova-T PCI card is pretty good, I got
one from PC World currently on sale at £50.

I'd like to get this card but I have a small form PC and it's too large. My
only other option seems to be the Hauppauge external USB card although it does
kind of defeat the purpose of building a mini-itx box.

Thanks again

Andy