Hi,

Does anyone know if there are plans to support CableCard within Myth?  I guess
this is a 2 part question. The first part being, are there any efforts out
there to make a CableCard reader for the PC, and secondly, will Myth support
CableCard?

I read the thread on CableCard and Myth a short time ago, and the main thrust
of that seemed to be geared to getting around paying for cable. I have no
problem paying for my cable TV, but having 2 boxen (the cable STB and myth) to
do the work of one seems wasteful, and complicating, especially when dealing
with channel changes etc.

The CableCard, as I understand it, simply decrypts the signal from the cable
company, but doesn't provide EPG. Myth does that quite nicely.  I know that the
CableCard spec isn't finalised yet, but I'm still interested in any information
anyone mught have on this.

Regards,
Peter