On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:42:39 -0500, Aaron Aguilar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:41:25 -0500, Jack Trout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The only downside to dialup is that the downloading and installation
> > of myth packages, and linux packages will be slower, especially using
> > jarods guide which is assuming for broadband
>
> Well I would set up the system using high speed at my buddies house.
> Then at my house use dial up to keep my program guide setup.
>
> > On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:00:57 -0500, Donavan Stanley
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > What on earth gave you the idea that broadband would be required?
>
> A reply by someone on this mailing list telling me it would take huge
> amounts of bandwidth and hours of time to download the guides.

Heh they were smoking crack or something.  My entire DirecTV lineup
only takes a few minutes under dialup.

> Has anyone ran across a guide of someone using dial up, ie: scripts used etc.

There's nothing special or magical about it.  Unless of course you're
not going to have your machine connected to a LAN with some sort of
gateway on it (even internet connection sharing works just fine).
Then you'll just need to read a PPP howto for Linux.