<snip>

Get the PVR-250 from Hauppage. It's a good solid card, and does hardware
encoding, thus less CPU is used on the box, and you get higher quality
recordings,

I'm curious about this "higher quality recordings" phrase. I've seen it a few times,
yet I'm not one to automatically believe that a card does better just because it does
mpeg 2 compression. (I'm assuming a 150 would have the same quality if one got
that working.)

Has anyone ever done a direct comparison between a 250 and other ordinary
bt87x capture cards? One would think it was the ultimate quality of the A/D
circuitry that was the key...