Michael Segulja wrote:

Has the script not been posted anywhere or did I miss it? Have you made it available so we can try it out?

Thanks,
Michael

Just cleaned it up some. Thinking about making it a C program instead of Perl script. Here are the Perl Modules needed:

IO::Socket
Net::Pcap
NetPacket::Ethernet
NetPacket::IP
NetPacket::TCP
NetPacket::UDP
Unicode::String
Proc::Daemon
Proc::Simple
Unix::Syslog

The perl script can be downloaded from:

http://www.thearmstrongs.org/mythtv/vonageSniff.pl

To use:
       -d=dev <-The device to capture packets from
       -f='filter string' <-String to filter on enclosed in single quotes
               (DEFAULT: 'udp and port 5061')
       -ip <-IP Address to send mythnotify to
       -p <-Place the device into promiscuous mode
       -to=integer <-Read timeout in ms
       --quiet <-Do not print anything but errors to STDOUT
       -D <-Run as daemon

Defaults:
       -d=eth0
       -f='udp and port 5061'
       -p
       -ip='192.168.1.252'
       -to=1000

You need to specify the ip address of your mythfrontend with the -ip parameter, the rest of the defaults should be ok.

- James