Guess I've been behind on the Jan threads, but was surprised to
learn about the air2pc option.  This looks interesting, and I see from
the archives some people are starting to experiment.  Checking
out their web site tho, I find the Air2LAN device perhaps even
more interesting.

According to the spec sheet, there is a Linux library
available.  Depending on specifics and costs, etc;
I see more potential in this approach.

You could have several of these, connected to a gigabit
lan (the individual device is limited to 100), writing to
a Lan Storage device (PC or dedicated), and a small
frontend .
 Most of the devices are stuffed out of the
way (basement, office), a small frontend, and the network.
The network really becomes most of the system; with very
few parts required.  Depending on the device costs, this
could be significantly easier and cheaper than PCI based
cards.

Does anyone have more info on if this approach
would be viable?

Brian