Chris:
I've noticed while watching live tv that show going to really
dark (but not black frame) scenes cause stuttering sound
and jerky picture and cpu usage spike. (This is with vanilla .16) as soon as the scene brightens this goes away.

Is this anything to do with commercial detection?
(It happens only on live tv - which is really odd in that
I though commercial detection happened after the recording
was done.

I have had this problem since day 1, live or watching recordings. I can't remember it happening lately since switching to alsa from oss. I will check and see. The audio would stutter when the scene went dark, like the end of a show before the credits when there was still audio or when going to a commercial. There have been other posts about this with no resolution.

- James