On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:13:34 -0500, PAUL WILLIAMSON
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you only watch TV or other mpeg-2 content on the 350
> TV-out, you're fine.  Anything else, it does not seem like it
> is worth the hassle.  I've seen the tv out of the 350 compared
> to my s-video on an fx-5200, and I'm not all that impressed.
> Also, there is no hope if you want to play games using any
> of the emulators (or any game for that matter).

It's confusing for people buying hardware because that statement seems
to contradict what Jarod says in the HOWTO:

"Oh yeah, and with the ivtvdev X driver, the measly 1GHz Via C3 in my
EPIA (runs like a PIII-600) can decode and play back high-resolution
xvid and ffmpeg4 encoded DVD rips without a problem."

I, unfortunately, agree with PAUL, since I haven't had any luck
getting xvids playing through the PVR-350's TV-out in X.

Alex