Hi Jim,

Jim Coates wrote:
Is there anyway I can try to debug this? I have now tried using CVS with the same result, tried turning on the DEBUG flag in settings.pro and still can't get anything out of gdb.

Can you do a "strace mythfrontend" and send it to me? I think, that you have the same problem as I have.
The problem is somewhere in the mysql socket. The first access on this socket works when you watch TV or a record. But the second access results in a segfault on the socket. A few persons had luck with a complete emerge -e world, but this doesn't work for me because I'm running ROCK Linux and I don't want to build a complete new distribution :-(. And of course thats not a real problem solution...

For the moment I only can say that I can be a problem of 3 parts. First the problem is cause by MySQL 4.1.x (because 4.0.x worked without segfault). The second problem can be a QT 3.3.3 (I have not tried 3.3.4 which is available in Gentoo already). The third a last possibility is MythTV itself, but then I need a backtrace to debug it (I will do a debug build today from mythtv).

I also got a response from Isaac but he said that he cannot do anything without a backtrace.

Cheers,
Michael Obster
--
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]