Hehe, I have that case too, and the superbright LED has been annoying
me too, my approach to it was a bit more lo-tech, I was just
considering putting something not quite transparent in front of it
inside the case, to dim it a bit.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:50:41 -0600, Dan Littlejohn
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Slightly off topic, but I figure a good group of folks might have the
> D.Vine 5 or Digi Cases.
>
> The blue light on the front panel that indicates that the computer is
> "on" looks like a flashlight on my machine.  Don't know if it is the
> motherboard or what, but I was wondering if anyone had put a resistor
> in the circuit to dim the light.  It looks like a blue flashlight is
> shining in my living room when the lights are out and blinds me
> everytime I walk by it. (it is at eye level in the rack)
>
> If noone has, I will bust out my DMM and measure the values and post
> back what I did to fix it.  I hope that it can be dimmed and is not an
> LED that only allows one brightness. Just hoping someone else had
> already done this so I could just go get a resistor and be done with
> it.
>
> Dan

Mvh. Nezar Nielsen
http://fez.dk