If you look in the Media Library / Watch Recordings and don't see anything in the list as being recorded, make sure you are looking at the All Programs group (Press M). Mine is set to come up in the Default group view, which sometimes doesn't show what is being recorded, since I have it assigned to other than the default group. For instance, Desperate Housewives is assigned to my wife's group.

Regards,
  JJ