Thanks, but no, this does not fix the essence of the problem.

The "video" can be over scanned by the nvidia card and several other video scan conversion devices. In doing so, the OSD (while the video is showing) doesn't know this and it projects as if the screen is not over scanned (the edges are chopped off). There needs to be a setting for OSD width/height so that you can reduce the size of the text windows.

The non OSD menus (graphics when no video is showing) can be fixed by reducing the width and height and increasing the X and Y offset's to center the text.

I'm surprised no one was fix this yet.

# Endaf

Travis Osterman wrote:

I've set X to overscan on my epia M9000 and fixed up the myth gui so
that it pretty much fits (some screens remain too large). However, the
osd menus etc. are too large and partly off the screen. Is there
anyway to adjust the overscan percentages and so forth just for the
OSD. Changing the ones under tv playback settings results in a poorer
tv pictue.

I had a slighty related issue with fontsize on my frontend and another user recommended setting "DisplaySize" in xorg.conf manually which worked out wonderfully for me.

Screen
 DisplaySize       203   152     # mm

I don't know if it'll help your situation, but might be worth a try.

-- Travis