Not strictly a myth issue except that it's keeping me from moving forward
with my install.  First, thanks to those of you who have tried to help me so
far.  My issue:  I cannot make my PVR-350 remote work with LIRC on x86_64
SuSE 9.2.  The default install does not seem to support the necessary
lirc_dev and lirc_i2c modules.  So, i uninstalled that and tried to
build/install lirc from source.  I'm able to coax the make (after creating a
sym link to fixdep), but make install fails.  Seems the install wants a
lirc_dev.ko, but the buld creates lirc_dev.o.  I've posted this to the lirc
list, but they are very quiet over there.  The must be someone who has a new
PVR-350 working on SuSE 9.2 x86_64 kernel = 2.6.8-24-default.  I need to
know what you did, and where you got it.  Thanks.