What's your hardware?

I get crashes when I try to use the TV-Out on my PVR-350. I see lots of DMA
errors in /var/log/messages. I was never able to resolve this.

I ended up adding an Nvidia video card as the output device and it's been rock
solid ever since.

mjc

--- Minh Duong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After getting everything to work, I was watching
> liveTV for about five minutes and then the computer
> crashed.  The computer was unresponsive to the remote,
> mouse, keyboard.  I tried to ssh into it and couldn't
> even get a prompt.
>
> I rebooted and tried to play a previously recorded
> video.  It played for about 5 minutes and it crashed
> again.  Same behavior.
>
> I looked at /var/log/messages and didn't see anything
> odd right before it died.  The only thing that seems
> odd is that linux boots acpi when I thought I had
> removed it.   I read here
> http://home.comcast.net/~alf_park/mythtv.html that
> acpi causes ivtv to crash/freeze.
>
> I had stopped the service and removed the package, but
> FC2 somehow loads it.  Anybody experienced this?  Thanks.

=====
Michael J. Carter              | QOTD: "If you keep an open mind people
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       | will throw a lot of garbage in it."