>From my experience, sometimes there is nothing as
"free"  My brother was bragging about how he got Cable
Internet and got free basic cable.  I signed up for
Cable Internet and Basic Cable from the same company.
I wanted to be honest.  He kinda laughed at me, but
then I saw his cable bill.  Although he didn't pay for
Basic Cable, his bill was larger than mine by a few
dollars.  I did some research, and it appears that the
cable company charged him more for Internet without
basic than Internet with basic.  Apparently they
caught on to the fact that if you get Internet you
also get basic because they can't block one signal
without blocking the other.  Needless to say, he
signed up to get the small discount.