> Here is what I think happened. I used apt-get to install the latest Nvidia
> drivers, but since then (about a week ago) I have upgraded my Kernel  3 or 4
> times. Do I need to re-install the Nvidia drivers after each Kernel update?
> - If so, I will think twice about updating the Kernel in the future.

FC3 needs some modification with the nVidia drivers.

There is something about the new udev that needs to get copied over.

Every kernel upgrade I think you need to reinstall the nvidia drivers.
At least I do on my laptop.

The nvidia forums have a sticky on fixing the udev problem.

I can't help with the rest of your post.

Hope this helps though.

-=/>Thom