--- Nathan Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> * Mat Kyne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-02-09 21:29]:
> > I am using DVI to connect from my Nvidia GeForce
> 5200 to my Sony HDTV.  Now
> > I just need to get rid of the overscan. I have
> read that there is no help
> > for overscan if you are using a DVI cable . . .
> has this changed?
>
> I just set up something very similar, and would love
> to know how to get
> rid of that overscan. Any luck? Anyone?

Overscan is a problem of the TV set, not the interface
used.  When I began using my Pioneer PRO-610HD set
(CRT based RPTV) as an HD monitor, the overscan was a
huge problem.  I couldn't even see the scoring banner
on most football games.

The solution?  I hired a technician to come to my home
and recalibrate my set.  This was much more expensive
than buying an adapter, I assure you!  But no adapter
or cable will fix the overscan problem, it is simply
the geometery of the TV set and how it is set up.