Hi Steve,

Did you press the "0" key in the Rip menu?

Mythdvd will rip to vob first (and stop here if you have quality excellent). If you have specified the quality to be "good", it will call transcode to do the .vob -> .avi with xvid or divx.

This last step requires that you have transcode and dependencies installed; which I found to be one of the more difficult parts to get working in the mythdvd. (I'm doing everything from "skratch", Slackware 10)

Good luck,

Berend.

I just installed mythtv from KnoppMyth R4v5, and it went okay. The only reason I'm installing is to rip DVDs. However I'm having problems.

I got the mtd daemon started okay. When I go through the menu, I get into the 'import DVD' icon, and it just says 'No jobs. Checking and/or waiting for DVD'. I have a DVD mounted correctly -- it shows the volume label and everything. What gives?

Then I was reading some of the mailing list archives, and it seems that the DVD ripping just does a 'vob copy' -- I was hoping for a whole transcoding into a single mpeg or avi file. When/if it does start working, what will I get?

Steve