Well this evening went for a 0.16->0.17 upgrade and logged the
following "funnies" :-

MythWeb access to MythWeather data still broke for my (UK) location -
the days of week are incorrect - MSN datasource day1 == Sunday but
code assumes day1 == Monday, edited themes/Default/weather.php to
correct day of week -> day name mappings and all is well.

Something about my existing Db setup caused the DVB EIT program guide
update code to try and insert everything against a channel id of 1000
- which failed.  Eventually I trashed my existing Db and let 0.17 run
against a fresh(empty) Db and all was well.

Am now up and running with 0.17 - schweet.

Andy.