Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:18:10 +1000
From: David Whyte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Anyone with working DVB-S in Australia ?
To: Rob Hillis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Discussion about mythtv
<mythtv-users@mythtv.org>

The Foxtel story according to my limited knowledge. The old analog signal
isnt too hard to decrypt as long as you have the right smartcard / hardware
decoder, however the new Foxtel Digital is a hell of a lot harder to read.
The problem with the analog signal is the fact that Foxtel in an attempt to
kick off people trying to hack into their systems have gotten very good at
figuring out who is using their hardware / smartcards and those who arent.
My friend who had to use a 3rd party decoder (after the foxtel box had an
unfortunate accident with a 5 year old child and softdrink) and kept having
problems with them disabling his smartcard. I'd assume the same thing would
keep happening.

Although while Im posting, any advice from anyone about a tv grabber that
works in West Aus? Ive tried a few and they havent done much. And my perl
scripting skills are a bit feeble so editing the file wasnt getting me very
far.