In order for me to get my myth going I had to compile it myself. I got the backend compiled. I got mythweb working and had a problem with php_value memory_limit 32M
Here is what happens:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 32 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in /var/www/html/mythweb/status.php on line 10

Sounds like you're running an older version of apache. the provided .htaccess file is for apache 2.x, which actually understands the "32M" setting. For those with other versions, the settings are there for reference to fix them for yourself (either in the .htaccess file or globally in php.ini). Since it doesn't work for you, you obviously did the correct thing to fix it.

2nd one I am finding is on the status page (not sure why its happening)
Warning at /var/www/html/mythweb/status.php, line 23:
file("http://192.168.1.106:6544";) - No such file or directory Warning at /var/www/html/mythweb/status.php, line 23:
Bad arguments to implode() Yet if I hit the http URL mentioned it works fine.

you need to enable fopen_wrappers in your php compile:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.filesystem.php#ini.allow-url-fopen

-Chris