Hamish Moffatt wrote:

If you mean pre-digital over satellite, that makes sense (it's still digital). Best not call this analogue, because it isn't.

If you mean pre-digital over cable, that's analogue and a DVB-S card
won't help at all. They use a funky analogue scrambling method called
Newscrypt.

Hi Hamish,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm interested in any success stories with DVB-S in Australia. Personally I'd be using Austar rather than Foxtel - but I'd still like hear from anyone with MythTV experience of Pay TV over satellite in Australia.

Cheers,
Damien.

--
Now listening to -  Pentagram / First Daze Here (The Vintage Collection) / Last
Days Here