Use: FC3 upgraded kernel 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 , lirc 0.7.0-43.1.rhfc3.at, mythtv-0.17-95.rhfc3.at
and using Hauppauge PVR350 and grey IR remote control.
(I tried to use a compiled version of mythtv as well in order to be able to debug things
but same IR access problem with mythtv).

Before this I used myth-0.16 and IR remote PVR350 grey control was running OK.

Lircd starts OK and tests with irw runs fine. When I start lircd in the foreground the irw
client is accepted and irw tells me all the keys I use from the Hauppauge remote IR control.
So access to the liurcd deamon via /dev/lircd works ok (mod 0666).

However mythfrontend (or mythbackend?) seems not to be able to get to the lircd deamon.
The ~/.myhtv/lircrc file is present and readable (as was before).
I not able to scroll through the GUI menu nor change TV channels via the IR remote control.
The lird deamon when I run it in the foreground does not signel a client access at all.

How can I test what is going on? How is mythtv accessing the lircd deamon?
Somehow mythtv is not able to access lircd deamon anymore. How come?

Thanks
teus