On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 01:30:01PM +0800, Max Waterman wrote:
>    > but every time I hear someone imply, "I don't like the way this
>    > works, so you should all adjust to what I prefer," I can't help but
>    > be irritated at the selfishness. I don't think this is unreasonable.
>    >
>    If  you  read  what  I said, you'll see that I didn't say that at all.
>    Perhaps you read the logic of some of it in reverse and added your own
>    attitude to boot.

I did read what you wrote, Max, and while perhaps he overreacted a bit
to your lack of tone, the content itself wasn't all that incorrectly
characterised.

Webforums are the anti-christ.  There are vanishingly few decent
interfaces for then, you can't conveniently delete big batches out of
your view if you don't want to pay attention to it, you can't archive
them, it's often difficult to reply to someone privately and when you
*do*, you have to switch tools, and probably half a dozen *other* good
reasons.

Actually, most mailing lists should really be Usenet groups, and maybe
now that the September that Never Ended is over, we can go back there
where we belong.  alt.tv.pvr.myth, anybody?  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me