>>>>> Geoff Scott writes:

g> In prep for my upgrade, I've just dumped the db.  It's at 259MB.
g> Are there any recommendations/scripts/ideas on cleaning the db up a
g> little.  Seems a bit bloated.

        Is it really bloated?  How many recordings do you have and how
many programs are in your schedule?  My mysqldump is 178MB (12.6MB
gzipped) but the real disk usage is what's in
/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/, which is 111MB.  About 80MB is used by
the recordedmarkup table for 288GB worth of recordings.  That's less
than 0.03% overhead.  Most of the remaining 30MB is for the 32800
programs in the schedule.  Seems reasonable to me.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.