-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Josh Burks
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:48 PM
To: Mythtv Users
Subject: [mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-250 IR dongle

Hello list,

I recently had to send my older PVR-250 back to Hauppauge, and they
sent me a new one. The card I had was a Rev. 1 card (it is larger,
with a black heatsink on the iTVC15 chip). It came with the sorry
solid black remote.

The card Hauppauge sent back appears to be a newer, smaller card with
no heatsink, a iTVC16 chip instead, a Rev. 3 maybe?? They sent the
board only, no accessories.

I can't get the remote to work now. irw reports nothing when I press a
key. I'm using the lircd.conf file from Jarod's site. I popped in my
test WinXP drive, installed to newest drivers for the card, and no
remote in WinXP either. I even restarted lircd using my Radio Shack
remote conf (remote and conf same as Jarod's guide), and nothing there
either!

Are the IR dongles from older Hauppauge cards compatible with newer
cards? Don't some of the new dongle's have transmitters and receivers
(I think the PVR-150 does)?

Thoughts? Experiences?

Josh