Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 08:28 -0500, Donavan Stanley wrote:

So rather than follow established terminology you invent your own and
expect everyone else to follow along?  Pretty much everyone understand
that an OSD refers to UI that's overlayed on the video rather than
generic GUIs, except those that need to justify the fact that they've
been talking out their ass.

Just to defend against your claims that "my" definition of OSD is out of
my ass and contrary to what "everyone" thinks it is would a definition
from the wikipedia be good enough for you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-screen_display
Or perhaps they are talking out of their ass too?

Seems that people in this forum posting (3rd one down specifically)
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?s=fefe6362a1567350a062a780e7293b72&p=86769#post86769 don't count in your survey of "everyone" above either.

So my use of OSD is not really "so wrong" and your definition of
"everyone" is not so much really _every_ one.

b.

Stop wining dude, if you have some useful input then post it. But don't go scrutinizing people's interpretations of concepts or forcing your interpretation on others. Better use common sense and unambiguous terminology to express your meanings instead. In my opinion, this list is ment to be informative and inspiring towards new developments.

-- Jeroen