On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 13:45 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Hrm.  Interesting thought.  There is an XDirectFB which is merely the
> XFree86 (perhaps now X.org) X server ported to run on a DirectFB
> surface.  I wonder how well XDirectFB would work on the DirectFB layer 2
> (CRTC2/TV-out layer).  I will ask.  Maybe this is the best solution.

I did get that running 6 months ago. Certainly myth completely through
XDirectFB is no good because it doesn't support Xv.

I can't remember what was wrong with myth using XDirectFB for the UI and
using plain directfb for the video. Sounds like a good combination, but
I think I had segfaults and by then had wasted over a month on directfb
already, so dropped it.

Be interested to hear if you do get it working well. Also with mplayer
etc. working for mythvideo.

Cheers,

Martin.