Dave Caplinger wrote:

> Possible solutions:
>  mythtvburn

I tried it out early on, and I would consistently get
async sound on the discs I made. It might be better
now but I ended up taking the path of least resistance
and used a Windows box.

>  windows/macintosh
>
> I'm sure there's some process by which you could
> copy the .nuv files to a windows box (perhaps via
> samba on your mythtv backend), and use an
> entirely external-to-myth process

That's what I do. In KnoppMyth there is a script that
makes "pretty" named symbolic links to the nuv files
and sticks them into the /myth/pretty directory. I
connect to my MythTV backend via Samba, and copy these
.mpg files to my PC. I then use TMPGEnc DVD Author,
which does a great job of letting you visually edit
out commercials, set up your own menu templates, and
build/burn a disc. Plus it's pretty cheap at $68 for
the basic version.

I've never done it on the Mac, but re-encoding to DV
with Streamclip just to let you use iDVD seems like
too many transcoding steps and loss of quality. There
is a program called Sizzle that will supposedly make a
basic disc out of your MPEG2 files.

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Video/Sizzle-b.shtml