Shalem Shem-Tov wrote:
Hi. I'm pretty new to MythTV and need some help here. I installed Fedora C3 and followed Jarod's HOWTO. I got it to (basically) work once, but then I guess I did something and now I can't start mythbackend. When I try I get this error:

Starting up as the master server.
2005-02-17 13:12:39.215 mythbackend version: 0.17.20050130-1 www.mythtv.org
2005-02-17 13:12:39.216 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
QServerSocket: failed to bind or listen to the socket
Failed to bind port: 6543

Any ideas? In MythTV setup I have the IP address set to 127.0.0.1 (I also tried setting my actual IP but got the same error). If you need any other info let me know.

Thanks!

Is MythBackend already running? Try a killall mythbackend, and then try to restart it.