> Here's a small patch that might help.  It's not in the official code
> because it can cause other problems, mainly sluggishness in other
> areas, if your system isn't fast enough.

Thanks.  I actually use packages and do not compile myself, so I will
wait for this to be incorporated into a version of myth and deal with
the slow skip issue till then.  I also have a slow machine so I do not
want to introduce other problems.

Just out of curiousity, why did the skip ahead/back become slow with .17?

--
Email me if you want a gmail account, I have invites.