Hi,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a box with PVR based on mythmusic.

Vitalstatistix:

amd x86-64, Shuttle Xbox with nvidia nforce3 chipset.

no video grab at the moment, but will play with a bt878 based card (currently
in another box) until I can afford a pvr-350.

Kernel 2.6.10 built on GCC 3.4 (also tried 3.3 - see under)

ATI radeon 9200 card with fglrx driver (not currently in use as I had trouble
with installing other X related packages with this in place, so am currently
running on fbdev) - output to TV only.

MythTV built ok after getting the prerequisites in place. I do get the
 getSession management error: Could not open network socket

error whenever I attach to the database, however, everything seems to go
ok after the initial error, and the database can be both read and written
to.

A quick google trawl yesterday suggests that this may have something to
do with qt3, if anyone knows more please comment.

The main reason for the post is that trying to build mythmusic fails with
the following errors:

usr/local/include -I/usr/include/cdda -I/usr/include/qt3 -o zoom_filter_mmx.o
goom/zoom_filter_mmx.c
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:9: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `push'
{standard input}:11: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
{standard input}:17: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
{standard input}:128: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `pop'
make[1]: *** [zoom_filter_mmx.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mythmusic-0.17/mythmusic'

Unusually I can't even ascertain the guilty file from this output. I've
looked at ~/mythmusic/goom/zoom_filter_mmx.c and this can't be the problem.

Have also tried with and without march=k8 in settings pro and with GCC 3.3
and 3.4 in both 3.3 and 3.4 compiled kernels.

All attempts lead to the same error.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Registered Linux user