Or, you could go with the how-to Andy Long and I have been working on
for a few weeks.
www.lircsetup.com
You can build your own irblaster for about $8-10 USD or buy one from
irblaster.info for $15 with shipping.
I have 3 dishnetwork receivers running on a single lirc instance. You
can see my setup here www.lircsetup.com/lirc/multi.index.php, I'm
using an IR hub for controling the receivers.

I'm currently working on doing the same with a serial tranceiver
all-in-one unit, how-to to come.

--Pete

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:35:21 -0800, Ajay Sharma
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> John Brooks wrote:
> > Hi, all. I've been following this list for a while in preparation for
> > my own adventures in Mythland. I've just picked up a Hauppauge PVR 250
> > and am looking to put together a mythtv box. Currently, I have Dish TV
> > with a Model 2700 receiver. After a little digging, I found a few
> > posts to the mailing list regarding getting MythTV set up with it- the
> > most useful of them being the following:
> >
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/56136?do=post_view_threaded
> >
> > I've only seen references to using irblaster for this model.
>
> Use the solution described in this thread.  I've been using it for the
> past six months and it's excellent.

> No lirc, no kernel modules, no soldering, no dickin' around with timing,
> nothing.  Just a ir-blaster and a simple perl script.  I missed one
> channel-change but increased the delay between buttons and now it's
> working fine.
>
> --Ajay
>
> PS.  I have a dish network 2700 receiver.

I have gmail invites.
But doesn't everybody?