At 10:39 PM -0600 2/16/05, David Engel wrote:
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 04:45:05PM -0500, Chris wrote:
 Ouch, after upgrading to 0.17 it seems that skipping forward and back
 with the stream is now very slow.  These are mpeg2 streams recorded with
 a PVR-350 and playing back on the 350 as well.

Here's a small patch that might help. It's not in the official code because it can cause other problems, mainly sluggishness in other areas, if your system isn't fast enough.

Actually, I have a really fast system (3.0 GHz), and I found that while this patch does help the problem it's supposed to help, it also causes live TV to fail when changing channels. I get a string of "Waited too long for decoder to pause" errors instead, and the frontend stops responding to keypresses. The audio and video from the initial channel continue to play, however.

--
Dan Wilga                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu