One of the things I'd like my MythTV system to do is replace my A/V receiver. Partly because I don't see a need for it anymore and partly to make it easier to distribute video throughout the house. What I think I need for my system:

Analog cable -> capture card with tuner (PVR-150 or 250)
Digital cable (Motorola DCT-2000) -> svideo capture card
Sony 400-disc player -> svideo capture card
Spare svideo/composite capture card

Since I can see the need for all inputs simultaneously, I need 4 capture cards but I only need 1 to have a tuner. Are there any capture cards without tuners but with MPEG-2 encoders that are supported? I'd hate to have pay extra for tuners that may not be used, although they would allow recording of multiple analog cable channels.

Scott