Sure,...We'll see how good my memory is cause I hacked at it for awhile,...

First thing was that in my case, /etc/X11/XF86config (which is what my
xorg.conf file links to) wasn't loading glx properly.  My defaul install had
this long line into the X11 extensions directory and this library didn't work
with the freshly installed nvidia drivers.  the line should simply be;

load "glx"

I think you also need to get rid of the

Load  "dri"
Load  "GLcore"

also make sure you are using

Driver "nvidia" in the device section in the xorg.conf (XF86config in my case)

You also need to move two files which the nVidia installer does not place
proberly (though there is a flag I saw documented somewhere in my travels
that apparently does this for you) but these files;

(this is my path based on where I ran my installer from)

/home/packages/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.a
/home/packages/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6629-pkg1/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.6629

need to be copied into the /usr/X11R6/lib/ directory

Once that was done I edited the settings.pro file (per Brad, thank you very
much) to enable XvMC before compiling myth.  You have to compile myth from
source to get this functionality.

And VIOLA!  It worked for me.

Hope that helps,..

-Blair

On Sunday 20 February 2005 16:23, Ackster wrote:
> Blair wrote:
> >After arm wrestling with getting the nVidia XvMC libraries in the right
> >place( and upgrading alsa to 1.0.8), I finally have XvMC working against
> > the 6600GT. It seems to have problems when changing channels (Sunday
> > Morning CVS) but exiting and entering back into Watching TV gets it back.
> > When I install my Xv only version, I don't have the corrupted image
> > issues when changing channels but I do sometimes lose sound.
>
> Can you recap what exactly you did to get XvMC working?  I have a 6600GT
> also, and am doubtful XvMC is actually working.
>
> -Ack

-Blair Preston
Principle Systems Architect

"The best way to predict the future, is to invent it"
-Alan Kay