> My question is that I have a digital capture card (VisionPlus DVB-T) that
> apparently works through linux. I thought I'd ask if anyone knows or can
> send me in the direction of a walkthrough that shows how to set the thing up
> to work with Myth and Fedora Core 3. The phrase 'just recompile your kernel'
> fills me with a cold dread matched only by the phrase 'your mother called,
> she wants to talk'.

Why would you want to recompile your kernel? The FC3 kernels come
with all the drivers for the VisionPlus cards - my box has two of
them and is running a stock FC3 kernel.

All you should need to do is add these three lines to /etc/modprobe.conf:

  alias char-major-81 bttv
  options bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
  install bttv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install bttv && /sbin/modprobe dvb_bt8xx
&& /sbin/modprobe dst

You may also want to upgrade udev to the rawhide version so that it
creates the DVB devices correctly. Otherwise you will probably have to
make entries in /etc/udev/devices for them.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu/