I've run composite video over RG6 quad sheild previously (currently
component (HDTV) over 3 RG6 Quad Sheild) over a distance of about 25
feet.  I am using the F connector to RCA adapters you can pick up at
Radio Shack.  I have had no picture quality issues as long as you have
good connections.  I run line level audio over RG6 as well.

I would take a guess that your issue is one of the following bad
crimps or sub-par cable.  I've found that the picture quality is very
dependant on how good you are at crimping cable, I picked up a few
hundred Thomas & Betts snap and seal connectors with related tools on
Ebay and although they were pricey, I don't have any picture quality
issues.