On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:10:53 -0700
Garry Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:23:50 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Since 0.16 (cvs & 0.17) I've not been able to use composite or Svideo
> > input on my tuner card.  When I get to the input setup screen there
> > are the three inputs for the card, but the only sources are "cable",
> > "none" and blank.  What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Sorry if this is a dupe or FAQ, I've tried searching the threads and
> > docs but nothing comes up.
> >
> > Greg
> > --
> >
> I'm a newb, having just setup my box over the weekend. However, I
> think that you hit the nail on the head when you said "but the only
> sources are". You are looking at the sources, which you associate with
> the inputs. If you've already setup your input (composite or svideo),
> then you should chose cable to associate it with your 'cable' source.
>
> Perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about though, I only had to do
> this once. I will have to do it again when my second PVR 250 finally
> arrives though.
>
> Garry

Maybe I've got my terms mixed up, but it seems that you can only
create sources that use some schedule (xmltv), but no way to create
Svideo or composite as a source that you can later use to associate
with an input.  On the input screen, there are three inputs, tv,
composite and svideo.  When first created all three are set to (none).
Associating tv to cable is ok (as that's my only choice for a source
anyway).  There doesn't seem to be anyway to associate the video
inputs though.  I've a feeling I'm missing something really simple
here, but the how-to dox don't mention setting up svideo or composite
(at least as I read them, did I miss that bit?).

Greg
--

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]