Can you record an HD broadcast while watching another HD broadcast at the
same time?  Basically is your machine an combination frontend/backend?

Thanks,

jb

                      Donavan Stanley

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Discussion about
mythtv <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>
                      m>                          cc:

                      Sent by:                    Subject:  Re: [mythtv-users]
PCHDTV 3000 what to buy Intel p4 3.0+ or AMD 64
                      mythtv-users-bounces

                      @mythtv.org

                      02/23/2005 01:30 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Donavan Stanley;

                      Please respond to

                      Discussion about

                      mythtv

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:25:15 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Every thread I've seen about minimum hardware says a p4 3.0Ghz intel with
> Hyperthreading is needed to watch HDTV.  These same threads are usually
> older.

I have no problem watching HD in myth on a 1.8ghz AMD box.   Though
I've not tried 1080i, I know folks who ARE watching 1080i wihout have
3ghz HT CPUs or 64 bit CPUs