On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 09:03:38AM -0800, Noah Patton wrote:
> Hey, I've got my fingers crossed for the PX-TV402U-NA and
> MacMini/MythTV combo. :-)  Yes, I realize that the MythTV backend is
> not ported to MacOSX, and that it "won't be anytime soon", but given
> the extremely high level of interest in the community for a MacMini PVR
> solution it seems to make a lot of sense.

If it's just the hardware that interests you, there's no reason you
wouldn't be able to run Linux on a Mac Mini with MythTV and a TV402U.  If
you prefer OS X, Plextor sells a TV402U bundle for the Mac that comes with
Elgato EyeTV PVR software which should run on the Mac Mini, although I
haven't used it myself so I can't say much about it.  Obviously EyeTV
wouldn't work with MythTV frontends over the network.  -Nathan