Donavan Stanley reportedly babbled:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:13:38 -0500, Donavan Stanley
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Let's put it bluntly:  For the most part the developers do not CARE if
>> it works for anyone else.  If it works for us we're happy.
>

> Actually it's more accurate to say we don't care if it doesn't works
> for non-contributers.

That attitude is exactly why a package becomes an undesirable product. You want
people to use your neat product.. you need to offer them something stable. And a
piss on you attitude about everyone else does nothing for you or your package
and
along with the rediculous complexities involved in setting up much of it is one
of
the reasons that *NIX has had such a tough time making it mainstream on the
desktop
even though it is more than 30 years old. It HAS to be easy for Joe User or they
will not touch it. Those of us who do this for a hobby are willing to deal with
it..
but it needs to be easy for the average schmoe who does not have the technical
skills to build a CVS bundle. And even for those of use who can do this, a
stable is
sometimes nice.. I hate to do an update on something that has worked, only to
find
the latest "updates" trashed everything.

JMHO

-R
 Rich Hall
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]