At 9:29 PM -0500 2/23/05, Rick Ingersoll wrote:
I am still having the problem with the pvr-350 freezing after wathcing through the decoder for a while. The pvr-350 records fine, but it seems an issue with the decoder is freezing. Sometime it works again after I kill the backend and frontend and restart, sometime I have to restart all together. Can anyone help me?

I have the same problem, on a fast x86 machine, with at least 30 Gb of free space. It can happen while watching live tv or recordings. It can take several days to occur, or can happen twice in the same night. I don't think I've gone more than 3 days without having it happen, though.

Sometimes I can just quit the frontend and use a little script to reset the framebuffer, and everything is OK:

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -off -noglobalalpha -nolocalalpha [replace fb1 with fb0, if needed]

Other times, like this morning, it completely locks up the machine, such that even network i/o is dead. There's nothing in the syslogs to indicate why.

And, still other times, the 350 becomes completely unresponsive, so that even ivtvctl can't talk to it. In this case, I have to do a reboot.

I really think it has something to do with ivtv (I'm using 0.2.0 rc3f) or the card itself, since I once had the "unresponsive" problem when I was just playing video to the FB via mplayer. Myth's frontend wasn't even running this time.
--
Dan Wilga [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Administrator http://www.mtholyoke.edu