Hmm...you seem to be having a bit more problems than I did with my
Pundit. I'm currently running FC3, but also recently used Debian
"Sarge" on it. I have had no problems using the on-board network card
or video-out. When booting off the Debian "business card" iso, there
was not a bt44 driver for the on-board network, but booting off the
regular network install iso found the card without problems.

My FC3 installations have been flawless. TV-out, network, and sound
work by default.

When compiling new kernels and not using my existing .config, I have
had to be sure to enable the Broadcom network card driver as a module
since I was not enabled by default.

Jason