On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 21:20 -0500, Brent Borghese wrote:
> Has any body got Dodby Digital to work?

I have just completely rebuild my MythTV box using Jarod's guide. I did
not do anything special (no .asound etc) but I finally have AC3
passthrough working again! It has been literally some years ago that I
got this working. This is with a plain and old Aureal 8830 based card...

I think it all depends on your hardware setup, my normal Linux box with
SB Augidy2 hasn't been able to give proper AC3 passthrough for some time
(last seen working in the old OSS and ALSA 0.9 time) and they both use
the same software (FC3 kernel 2.6.10)...with the Audigy2 even the PCM
light om my receiver goes off when I try to play a DD5.1 stream...

I hope you get it working...

Jurgen