When manually setting channel properties I noticed a few things:

1) The visible flag correctly hides the channel from the channel guide but
does not hide it from the channels that show up when you are watching live
TV and you are in browse mode.

2) The FINISH button is not visible on the channel setup screen .. I just
assume it's the first tab after the last field and hit enter.

3) When you toggle "use on air guide" between selected and unselected it
correctly disables and re-enables the XMLTV ID field. But when the option is
selected and you open the screen by select the channel on the channel list,
it leaves the field enabled making you think it does something. It took me a
long time to figure out that in order to user the XMLTV ID, the option had
to be disabled.

Hopes this helps,

Sergio Ammirata