I haven't seen any provision for it.  I wouldn't mind a check box on a
given frontend to allow its control to be preempted by another
frontend.  It would obviously have to be an optional features, but it
would allow one to move to another room in the house and resume watching
whatever you were watching.

I'm not sure how much of a pain that would be, if it would be a feature
enough people would want, or if there is a simpler way I've never
noticed.